Basketball GM is a single-player basketball management simulation game. Set your roster, make trades, draft prospects, manage your finances, and try to build a dynasty. Play it in your browser now, completely 100% free!
January 21, 2014 - BBGM, The Great Realignment (4 Comments)
As I described in my previous post, Basketball GM needed some new cities and team names. Thanks to your great suggestions, we narrowed it down to a short survey that got over 100 responses (thank you to featherfooted for setting it up). You can view the final survey results here.
However, as the commissioner of the league, I decided to make a few minor executive decisions:
- Voters picked the New York Skyline over the Bankers by just one vote, but I went with Bankers because I like it a lot better.
- Voters picked the Atlanta Peaches over the Gold Club by just five votes, but I went with Gold Club because I like it a lot better.
- Voters picked the San Francisco Hippies over the Entrepreneurs or the Venture Capitalists, but I think that was mainly because the latter two options are similar and they split the vote. So I went with Venture Capitalists (even though it’s kind of too long).
- Voters picked Symphonies for the name of the Seattle team, but I changed it to Symphony because I think the singular form sounds better.
In total, that leaves these new teams:
- Atlantic: Boston Massacre, Montreal Mounties, New York City Bankers, Philadelphia Cheesesteaks, Toronto Beavers
- Central: Chicago Whirlwinds, Cincinnati Riots, Cleveland Curses, Detroit Muscle, Pittsburgh Rivers
- Southeast: Atlanta Gold Club, Baltimore Crabs, Miami Cyclones, Tampa Turtles, Washington Monuments
- Southwest: Dallas Snipers, Houston Apollos, Mexico City Aztecs, Phoenix Vultures, St. Louis Spirits
- Northwest: Denver High, Minneapolis Blizzards, Portland Roses, Seattle Symphony, Vancouver Whalers
- Pacific: Las Vegas Blue Chips, Los Angeles Earthquakes, Sacramento Gold Rush, San Diego Pandas, San Francisco Venture Capitalists
Before you ridicule my abuse of power, I should say that I also wanted to pick the Boston Three Party and Toronto Cosmopolitans, but they didn’t even come close to winning and I couldn’t bring myself to so blatantly rig the outcome.
The new team names are live now (only in new leagues). Please let me know if there are any problems. Thank you!